Monday, July 14, 2014

I Have Arrived!!

Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. –Babe Ruth

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore, Dream, Discover. –Mark Twain

Founders Tree in Hammond, Louisiana

July 14th 2014

I just love those inspirational quotes!

Dear Friends and Family,
I have arrived! 
It is so very amazing and wonderful and extremely warm here!
I am in the Denim springs stake/zone in the Albany area, it is a Car area and my trainer is from Provo Utah and is named Elder Larkin. He is laid back and fun, so I ended up in the best area with the coolest members and an amazing companion....so lucky me! 
So just as an fyi....Albany is a little town about 5 miles northwest of Hammond, Louisiana where Josh is living :-)

Our District is super cool consisting of Sisters McEntere and Smith and Elders Smiley and Hillam and Sisters Garfield and Pearson, who are all great. 
First interviews with everyone, leader wise, was all good. The Costa family welcomed me on their weekly Funday Sunday by wearing and eating all green with us cause I'm a "greenie". 
No one can fathom how young I am and that I just turned 18, but I think people still respect me here.
I passed out a couple Books of Mormon and have a New potential investigator family on my first door knocked so God sent a blessing there.
It's just too much fun with volleyball every Friday night with the members, it gets intense but I rocked it just for my mom. 
I am enjoying everything and learning bunches, I am constantly tired but it is okay, Christ won't let me suffer all alone. He is our Savior and there is but one God and One way and I am his messenger and through the Holy Ghost I can manifest the Truth unto others. 
Have fun and I miss you all, keep up the mail train, 6 months in I don't wanna be begging y'all. Also seriously help the missionaries in your area...and be nice, our calling isn't an easy one.

Love Elder Rush

He's still having troubles with his SD card so he's mailing it to me....pictures soon....everyone cross your fingers that the SD card kept his pictures!!!

So here's his new mailing address:
Elder Joshua Rush
42679 Walker Lane #Q
Hammond LA 70403

and his email stays the same the entire time: joshua.rush@myldsmail.net

Oh and one more little note...the Baton Rouge Louisiana Mission has their own website if you want to check it out....www.thelbrm.com

Known locally as the Depot, Hammond's Amtrak station dates from 1912. And it goes right through the middle of town!


No comments:

Post a Comment