Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It turns out I didn't die, isn't that awesome?

Dear Friends & Family,
    It turns out I didn't die, isn't that awesome? I am still recovering from all that business, but it's literally been like the slowest time around here for missionary work, so resting hasn't hurt anything but our morale haha. I am quite a happy camper though cause I realized that people really matter to me, and I really care about people, sometimes it's overwhelming, but I try my hardest not to do that. I will be missing my dear companion this week as he goes home to good old Arizona on Thursday, but my new companion will be awesome just cause they always are. I in a short 5 weeks have had an amazing time despite all the uhh slammed doors? It's okay sometime we will just go back and they will let us in.
    The other day, matter of fact, we went to this awesome knife shop out in little Glenmora (on our way to visit Tina and Kevin who are a part member family of 2 who are coming back to activity and Kevin is nonmember) so anyway, this knife shop guy named Bill had some awesome knives of which Hepworth will be buying when we go back later today haha, but his daughter who died (which is sad) was an active member before she passed and he raised her two daughters so maybe there is some hope for them and Mr. Bill if we keep on visiting!!
Theater in Glenmora

    We didn't do much but rest and prepare for this day and tomorrow and one of Elder Hepworth's friends from an old area came up to see us and payed for our lunch and, ya know, it was a dang good day. This week with all the resting and tracting and time in between tracting, I was taught how to solve a rubiks cube, so I feel pretty darn cool now, just saying. I have been reading the good Book and the Blue Bible (because the missionaries give out all the free blue Book of Mormons, that's what they are called in the south) and the Book of commandments this week, pretty much all at the same time because ya know why not read and study all the time cause that's fun and stuff for me. Anyway in D&C 50 at the very end of the chapter I felt very loved and cared for, as the Savior is speaking in these verses about how we are little children and we must fear not for he will take care of us, and not one who has been chosen will be lost who the Father has given Jesus Christ. I felt a real tender connection with the Saviour at that particular time. (D&C 50: 40-46 40 Behold, ye are little children and ye cannot bear all things now; ye must grow in grace and in the knowledge of the truth.
 41 Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcometh world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; 42 And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost. 43 And the Father and I are one. I am in the Father and the Father in me; and inasmuch as ye have received me, ye are in me and I in you.  44 Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall neverfall. 45 And the day cometh that you shall hear my voice and see me, and know that I am. 46 Watch, therefore, that ye may be ready. Even so. Amen.)
Boudin

    So I really happen to enjoy boudin, especially fried, so if ever y'all come down here, or I take you down here or if I somehow learn to cook it, then just know that boudin is pretty delicious. I have learned also that when it comes to the Spirit of God, He literally will tell you just about anything you need to do or say in any given moment. Not even just as missionaries, but literally anyone, if you just listen and maybe even ask in Christ's name he will tell you anything you need to know, and will comfort you anytime you need. I learned this because as Sunday came along, and it being fast Sunday with testimonies, several of our branch members got up and shared their concern for me and love for me, saying when they prayed for me they found blessings and that they knew by God's hand I was healed so quickly. I almost started tearing up, it was so nice to vocally hear the love they have for us missionaries, and it just motivates me to do all I can anytime anywhere for anyone in this (huge) area of Oakdale.

Love yall so
 very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very

Much - Elder Joshua Dean Rush

No comments:

Post a Comment